Torqeedo Ultralight 403 A
Trolling motor for kayak
Ultralight 403 A with Integrated Battery (320 WH / 29.6 V / 11 AH)
The Ultralight 403A, will make you forget why you ever paddled. Feel more confident and at ease on the water, while exerting no effort. This motor will have you traveling up to 20 miles around your favorite waterways and fishing holes. It will fit all of your favorite kayak and canoe brands and the quiet motor will not scare away your favorite fish. The lightest outboard that Torqeedo sells, traveling for 1 hour at full throttle up to 8 hours. traveling at a leisurely pace. The innovative new angler mount,, makes it easier to adapt to all boats. The Torqeedo system includes all the high-tech features you would expect from their brand: built-in GPS, real-time range and runtime display, solar charging and the latest lithium battery technology.
Speed in km/h* Range in km* Running time in hours:
Slow: 4.2 35.0 08:20
Half throttle: 6.0 25.0 04:10
Full throttle: 9.3 7.5 00:48
* Dependent on factors such as type of boat, load, propeller and ambient conditions. Figures for speed and range are indicative only and are not a guarantee of performance.
Information on range and speed:
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Ultralight's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Ultralight
Ultralight 403 A Features:
- Input power in watts 400
- Propulsive power in watts 180
- Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 1 HP
- Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 2 HP
- Maximum overall efficiency in % 45
- Static thrust in lbs* 33
- Integrated battery 320 Wh Li-Ion
- Nominal voltage 29.6
- Final charging voltage 33.6
- Total weight in kg 8.8
- Motor weight without battery in kg 5.0
- Weight of integrated battery 3.8
- Shaft length in cm 48
- Standard propeller (v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts) v10/p350
Alternative propeller options -
- Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,200
- Control Throttle
- TorqLink No
- Steering Provision to connect to kayak rudder; lockable
- Tilting device Manual with grounding protection
Trim device Manual, 4-step:
Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes
Integrated on-board computer Yes
* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.